View Board meeting
videos on City3TV Suddenlink Channel 3 on Thursdays at 10 a.m., Saturdays at 3 p.m. and the following
Monday at 7 p.m.
1. Meeting opened by Mayor Dana E. Outlaw. Prayer by Alderman Kinsey. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Roll Call.
3. Conduct Second Public Hearing on a Proposed Application for the 2013 CDBG-Infrastructure Grant Program and Adopt Resolution Authorizing Submission of Application for Same.
4. Presentation of Community Partner Plaque.
5. Presentation and Review of City’s Updated Goals and Objectives.
6. Adopt Resolution Calling for Public Hearing on Draft 2014-2019 Consolidated Plan and 2014 Annual Action Plan for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Entitlement Cities Program.
7. Adopt Resolution Calling for Public Hearing to Consider Richard and Ruth John’s Rezoning Request for 1702 Trent Boulevard.
8. Adopt Resolution Calling for Public Hearing to Consider Mark Hardeman and Greg Rhodes’, of Pendergraph Companies, Rezoning Request for 3715 Trent Boulevard. (Public hearing scheduled for 4/22/14 will not be held; request withdrawn by applicant.)
9. Adopt Resolution Approving Memorandum of Agreement with Neuse-Trent Housing Alliance.
10. Adopt Resolution Awarding Bid to Signs Etc. for the Wayfinding Project and Authorizing City Manager to Execute Contract and Any Change Orders Within Budgeted Amount.
11. Adopt Budget Ordinance to Establish Wayfinding Project Fund and Adopt FY2013-14 Budget Amendment for General Fund.
12. Adopt Resolution Authorizing Exchange of an Existing Utility Easement Owned by the City Over Property Owned by Charles Oakley and wife, Amanda Oakley (PID 6-213-K-291) for New Utility Easements Over the Oakley Property.
13. Adopt Resolution Approving Contract with NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources (NCDENR) for Funding Through the 2013/14 Public Beach and Estuarine Access Grant Program and Authorizing the Mayor to Execute the Contract.
14. Adopt Resolution Closing the 200-300 Blocks of Middle Street and 300 Block of Pollock Street on June 25, 2014 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for the Great Race Event.
15. Adopt Resolution Closing the 700 Block of Cedar Street, 700 Block of Main Street and 600-800 Blocks of George Street on May 10, 2014 from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. for Annual Duffest Event.
16. Adopt Resolution Closing the 500 and 600 Blocks of George Street and 600 and 700 Blocks of Queen Street on May 21, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for a Police Memorial Service.
17. Adopt Resolution Closing Lee’s Drive to Main Street and Main Street to West Street on May 3, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for United Missionary Baptist Church’s Second Annual Community Day Event.
18. Approve Minutes.
20. Attorney’s Report.
21. City Manager’s Report.
22. New Business.
23. Closed Session.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE SHOULD CALL
639-7501 NO LATER THAN 3 P.M. THE DATE OF THE MEETING