Animal Control


The New Bern Police Department has an Animal Control Unit that responds to calls for service throughout the City of New Bern.  If you wish to file an animal complaint, please call (252) 633-2020 to speak with an Animal Control Officer.  For other information, click here to send them an e-mail.

Additional Contact Numbers:

Report Animal Complaint in the City of New Bern - (252) 633-2020

Craven/Pamlico County Animal Shelter - (252) 637-4606

To Report Injured Wildlife - (252) 638-4646



Click here to read more about the following topics:

  • What is Rabies?
  • Signs Your Animal Has Been Exposed To Rabies?
  • What To Do If A Human is Exposed To Rabies?



City of New Bern
PO Box 1129
New Bern, NC 28563-1129
Police Dept. Main # (252) 672-4100
City Phone Directory