- Support Services Section
The Support Services Section encompasses all services that are not
typically provided by the Patrol District, Criminal Investigations Units,
or the Office of Professional Standards.
The Information Services Unit consists of a supervisor and
three authorized Police Service Technicians.
Their primary duties include:
- Staffing the Front Desk from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday thru Thursday; 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday; 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday & Sunday.
- Entering data into the records management system
- Verifying data and providing maintenance to the system
- Providing data to the State Bureau of Investigation
- Preparing statistical data relating to criminal activity
- Providing various reports to officers upon request
- Providing criminal records checks
- Receiving taxi cab permits
- Maintaining all Warrants and Court Orders
- Serving subpoenas
- Assist the general public and complete minor reports
- Answering the main telephone switchboard