Historic Preservation Commission
Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Courtroom, Second Floor, 300 Pollock Street.
HPC Design Review meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the Development Services Conference room, 303 First Street.
What is the Historic Preservation Commission?
Regularly scheduled meeting on Wednesday, March 21st at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Courtroom, 2nd floor, located at 300 Pollock Street.
1. Opening of Meeting with Roll Call
2. Approval of Minutes of Previous Meeting(s)
3. New Business:
- 409 Metcalf St.—to include a request to install a wooden fence in the tertiary AVC.
- 407 Queen St. – to include a request to install a wooden fence in the secondary and tertiary AVC.
- 616 Middle St.—to include a request to demolish a non-contributing shed as well as remove a window to be replaced with a new door.
- 245 Fleet St. – to include the addition of new windows and doors as well as enlargement of an existing door and the creation of an outdoor covered patio space.
- 220 Pollock St. - to include the enclosure of a balcony and roofing addition in the tertiary AVC; removal of a wooden deck and ramp in the tertiary AVC and a building of unknown contributing status; installation of an addition to the main structure connected via breezeway in the tertiary AVC. This is an amendment to a current COA.
- 610 Metcalf St.—to include the creation of a screened in porch in the tertiary AVC as well as the expansion of an existing shed.
- Prevention of Demolition By Neglect Additions and Removals
4. Administrative Updates and Minor Works
5. General Public Comments
Applications for these projects, including proposed plans, are available for review in Development Services (303 First Street) during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
Attending the Historic Preservation Commission meeting and need assistance?
Call us at (252)639-7501 no later than 3 p.m. the date of the meeting.
Assistive listening devices available upon request.